Chevrolet S10 Air Ride Suspension - Project Kustom, Part 2
4. With everything in place,...
4. With everything in place, the mad bodywork began.
(5 and 6). After the truck...
(5 and 6). After the truck was as smooth as an egg, it was rolled over for some heavy booth time where Project Kustom received a truly one-of-a-kind paintjob.
7. Moving on to the suspension,...
7. Moving on to the suspension, airbagit.com provided the complete front setup, including control arms to lay this Dime flat out in no time.
8. The stock parts hit the...
8. The stock parts hit the trash quick as the crew tag-teamed both sides and had everything bolted back up in less than 2 hours. The clock was ticking.
9. Moving on to the lifesaver...
9. Moving on to the lifesaver of this install, the plug and play literally saved days of install time as the kit included the compressor, valves, and everything we needed in a conveniently prewired box.
10. They got busy building...
10. They got busy building brackets to mount the plug and play and the air tank.
11. Here's a quick look at...
11. Here's a quick look at the bolt-in setup.
12. With the frame and parts...
12. With the frame and parts powdercoated, the final assembly resumed and the plug and play was quickly bolted in place.
13. After the convenient prewired...
13. After the convenient prewired setup, all that was needed was a proper ground and to run the power wire to the battery.
14. With the rear 'bags bolted...
14. With the rear 'bags bolted in place, the airline was run neatly and directly to the provided fittings on the plug and play.
15. The airline was cut to...
15. The airline was cut to length and run from the plug and play compressor to the air tank.
16. Next, the front airlines...
16. Next, the front airlines were connected.
(17 and 18). And just like...
(17 and 18). And just like that, the usually complicated process of installing air was cut in half, and they were well on the way to meeting the deadline. Here's a good look at how neat and clean the install came out, even with the crazy time crunch.
19. A bunch of crazy nights...
19. A bunch of crazy nights later, the truck was reassembled and on its way to Las Vegas. Stay tuned for more on this project.
Line-X of Huntington Beach
7312 Murdy Cir.
140 Arovista Way