1993 Custom Toyota Mini Truck - Project Dragged Daily: Part XXXIV.5
10. After the upper and lower...
10. After the upper and lower arms were assembled, the new control arm mounts were welded up.
11. Since we're using new...
11. Since we're using new control arm mounts that incorporate another upper and lower arm for the coil and bag, the old ones were cut off and cleaned up.
12. The degree was checked...
12. The degree was checked to ensure the control arms are in the correct spot.
13. With everything measured...
13. With everything measured and triple-checked the mounts were tacked into place and then welded up.
14. After the upper mounts...
14. After the upper mounts were set, the lower coil mount was measured and tacked into place on the lower control arm.
15. Once the lower coil mount...
15. Once the lower coil mount was set up and measured on both sides, Aaron could permanently weld them in place.
16. With the coil mount all...
16. With the coil mount all dialed in, the bag was bolted to the lower arm and set up to locate the placement of the top bag mount.
17. The upper bag mount was...
17. The upper bag mount was lined up and welded into place.
18. Now the bag could be tested,...
18. Now the bag could be tested, and it was bolted up to the upper bag mount.
19. The coil, bag, and connecting...
19. The coil, bag, and connecting rod were bolted in and the system was put to the test. Did you have any doubts? We didn't! Stay tuned as this 'Yota nears completion.
Chassis By Aaron IHA
583 North Citrus Ave
Race Car Dynamics (RCD)
6261 Katella Ave.
BOYD CODDINGTON WHEELS
861-A East Lambert Rd., Dept. SC
La Habra, CA 90631