Do you ever just have one of those months? A month that flies by in a blur as you're scrambling like crazy and pulling your hair out just trying to keep up? A month that only has 672 hours in it (the shortest month of the year), but somehow you manage to cram 2,835,469 hours worth of work and less than 24 hours of sleep in? Well, February was definitely that kind of month for me. Here's how my month went, as I recall, because if I wanted to remember exactly how things went, my memory-recall button just keeps flashing "error."

If I remember correctly, it went a little something like this. The month started with a memo that said we were moving offices. It wasn't that big of deal at the time, as we were only moving 5 miles down the road. So, aside from the hassle of packing and unpacking all our things, it wasn't that bad. However, along with the move, we had to haul any project vehicles (running or not) out of the building where they were previously stored. This presented a huge problem, as the silver S-10 that Mini-Truckin' had a while back was handed back to us the day before the move, the same day that I had to jump on a plane to Florida. To make things even worse, the S-10 was broken into a few months back and was left sitting on the ground with a missing battery, torn-out switch box, nonfunctional compressors, and a bad fuel pump. As a team player, I brought a bunch of jumper wires and tools to try to get the truck aired up enough to drag it upstairs and onto a flatbed. Needless to say, I spent the entire day hassling with the truck, along with the help of a few generous staffers and the GO EZ Customs guys. We finally got the truck on the flatbed. By the time we were done messing with the truck, it was already 5 p.m., I had to catch a flight from LAX, and I still wasn't even packed.

With the first of many red-eye flights to the East Coast (10 p.m. to 10 a.m.), I was already knee-deep in the show season, and as I write this, it's only the middle of February. However, this flight wasn't your run-of-the-mill red-eye. We got stuck in Atlanta for a 3-1/2-hour layover at 5:45 a.m. (2:45 Cali' time, which is what my body was still functioning on). Even though I've gotten used to flying all over the country, for some stupid reason I still can't fall asleep on planes. Therefore, I decided to try to catch a few hours of sleep on my 3 a.m. layover. Of course, that didn't work out. Between memorizing all the CNN headlines that were blaring from every TV and the below-freezing airport temperatures, my body wouldn't cooperate with what I wanted, and I didn't catch a wink of sleep.

After flying back home, I still had a million things to do. We are in the process of trying to get Project Dragged Daily to the Forbidden Fantasy show with a sick new frame and suspension setup, stock-floored on 19s (by the time you read this, you'll hopefully have seen it). To do this in less than a month alone is a feat, but add to that the rest of my crazy schedule, and you begin to understand how absolutely insane it's been.

Here's where the month really got close to going bad - working at the chassis shop each night after work hardly left any time to spend with my wife on Valentine's Day. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it up to her yet, but Ashley has got to be the absolute best wife in the world to put up with all my truck crap and barely seeing me for two seconds. I definitely wouldn't be able to get away with this craziness if I didn't have such an understanding wife, who'll come down to the shop to bring the guys dinner, kick back and chat, and then pick up a grinder and help work on the truck. Have I mentioned how cool Ashley is? Now that's dedication. All right, that's enough whining for now. Time to get some sleep. L888888888!