Sometimes The Best Ideas Are Right Under Your Nose But You Never See Them.Drop 'Em Wear? Clothing Company hit the show scene in '94 and since then they have been traveling over 60,000 miles each year to hit shows all over the country. So why did it take them 15 years to figure out "Hey, we should put on our own show"? The truth is, they've always wanted to, but never really had the extra time. We are proud to report that Drop 'Em Wear? has finally brought their loyal fans and customers a long awaited event to come hang out with the crew. This one day event was held at the Drop 'Em Wear? warehouse in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The show was held November 1st with some of the most beautiful weather any show promoter could ask for. They had events going on all through the day like a taillight guessing contest, as well some competitive eating contests. The entry to this show was only $10 and with that you got a chance to snag one of the golden Drop 'Em Wear? dudes as a trophy. These awards were hand made by the owner John Beebe himself (is there anything this guy can't do?). They also did a killer event T-shirt for this event. Overall, a wonderful crowd, awesome show, and great support make this show a no-brainer to bring back for the 2009 show season as a two-day event! Check their website Dropemwear.com for dates and more information.
The Show Lowdown
Show: Inaugural Drop 'Em Wear? Cruise-in
Location: Drop 'Em Wear? headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Date: November 1, 2008
Total vehicles in attendance: over 100 which is awesome for a first year cruise put together in only 45 days
Spectator attendance: more than 250 and they all came in for free
John Beebe handbuilt these...
John Beebe handbuilt these amazing sought-after trophies.
* Attendees came from as far as Canada as well as NJ, MD, PA, GA, CT, OH, DE, TN, VA, SC.
* Creepy Paul of Acrophobia Pennsylvania took the Most Illegal award presented by two State Troopers.
* Shannon Bullis won the Trailer Queen award and Best Paint for his old school tandem Ford Ranger.
* The hottest hot wing eating contest ever, two people really burned their eyes!
* The classic milk chug.
* Hot Dog eating contest.
* Frozen T-Shirt contest (they were so frozen, we thought it might turn into a two day show just so it could finish haha).
* A Super Raffle where Drop 'Em Wear? raffled off clocks, banners, jackets and the grand prize winner received two Drop 'Em Wear T-Shirts a month for an entire year.
Auntie Jenn and the crew....
Auntie Jenn and the crew.
SuicideDoors.com, KIK, Graphic Disorder, So Cal Customs, Wild Wing Cafe for their Braveheart wings, Mini Truckin' magazine, and all of their friends from over the years for their help and support for making this event one for the books!
Contact For Future Events
Visit Dropemwear.com or call (336) 774-9612.
You'll be seeing more of this...
You'll be seeing more of this Luv soon in these very pages.
2D Phil Fowler is always handy...
2D Phil Fowler is always handy in case 3D Phil is a no show.