Many changes occurred to Dustin Artz's '89 Mazda, beginning with the Explorer conversion,
The Big Show combined the tailor-made facilities of the Rockingham dragstrip with the legendary action that only the boys from Drop Jaw Promotions could provide. You could join the long, slow cruise of vehicles touring the park throughout the day, run the rocks quarter-mile strip to check your times, party til' you couldn't see your supper, then camp inside the track and start all over again. We suggest attendants get plenty of rest. Next year will be here before you know it!
The Show Lowdown
Name: The Big Show
Location: The Rockingham Drag Strip, Rockingham, NorthCarolina.
Dates: June 1-3, 2007
Total vehicles in attendance: 380
Spectator attendance: Thousands
* Fourth annual show
* Great facilities at Rockingham, the place for speed in North Carolina for more than three decades
* Legendary entertainment from the Drop Jaw crew
* On-site camping took the strain off wallets, kept people close to the action, and you could party inside the track without encountering a blue-light special
* Cruise the park throughout the weekend
* Fun runs down the quarter-mile
* Burnout competition
* Railin' contest
* Beer chug
* Booty shake
* Bikini contest
* Wet T-shirt contest
* Impromptu Sunday events in Rockingham's famous 6-inch Lake
Sponsors: Rockingham Dragway and Drop Jaw Promotions.
Contact for future
Some of the famous Big Show entertainment was OK to use for print.
Initiations are fun for almost everybody.
Rockingham's famous 6-inch lake was a source of entertainment all day Sunday. It's not too
Rolling on 19s, the 'bagged, shaved, and suicided '96 S-10 of Jamie Cumberland arrived fro
Jim Licata rolled in from Somerville, South Carolina, in his radically-customized '97 Rang
Bobby Philpot's '89 S-10 Blazer is different at every show. This body-dropped and suicided
For the second year in a row, Performance EFX captured the sought-after Club Participation
The sparks flew until dark.
Four-wheel drive fenders and bright yellow paint gave Spence Gaskins' '92 Nissan a distinc