We have attended this show pretty much since day one and have yet to be let down. The show continues to grow and keeps bringing out numerous feature vehicles, as well as a handful of cover trucks. It also has the perfect location to bring people not only from the East Coast, but always seems to draw quite a few rides from the Midwest. One of the hardest parts of the weekend was the fact that we had to choose a truck for the Mini Truckin' Editor's Pick Award. With so many bad-ass trucks around, it's never easy. This year's award went to Shane Willoghby and his '93 S-10.
The Show Lowdown
Name: Slammin' & Jammin'
Location: Lebanon, TN
Dates: May 25-27
Total vehicles in attendance: 1,500+
Spectator attendance: 8,000+
* The show is now in its 14th year, with no signs of slowing down.
* With perfect weather and record-breaking crowds, everyone was happy.
* Held at the James E. Ward Agricultural Center, which gave plenty of room to spread out and even allowed on-site camping.
* Camping has also grown quite a bit, because it allowed show competitors to save a little money, and it also kept them in the middle of the action all weekend.
* A burnout contest was held in the middle of the show, where Sean Starky took home the first-place trophy.
* A neon contest on Saturday night, where Brad Hibbs showed off with his light show
* With more than 15 contestants in the bikini contest, and two rounds of judging, the crowd stayed occupied under the shade by the main stage for a little while
* Reese Arnett took home the first-place award, along with $500 on sheer-good looks. We're sure her man enjoyed her paying for the weekend trip!
*The Drag & Brag was held about dark-thirty on Saturday, where Ronnie Young kept the crowd screaming in his Chevy dualie. We know, it's not a mini; but it was still a good showing
* Falken Tire reps walked the show and picked their favorite 10 rides, then had them move up front beside the main gate, and gave them all Falken Top 10 Awards-along with the bragging rights.
Falken Tire, Kinetik Batteries, and Envizio Wheels.
There's too many to list! This show has a designated vendor row right in the middle of the show, which is not only packed with various companies, but stays so packed you can't even get a golf cart down it.
Contact for future events:
Charlie Cobble at Charlie@autoshows.cc or check out www.autoshows.cc
Eli brought out his freshly...
Eli brought out his freshly redone Mazda, which happens to grace this month's cover
One of the main attractions...
One of the main attractions of this show happens to be all the hotties who came out to strut their stuff.
Now that's a minivan!
After a few months in hiding,...
After a few months in hiding, Mike decided to bring out his under-construction cover Blazer for people to drool over in person.
Falken Tire proudly sponsors...
Falken Tire proudly sponsors Slammin' & Jammin'.
Now that's a switchbox!
Matt and the Gauge crew brought...
Matt and the Gauge crew brought out their new version of the air hopper. No matter which part of the country Matt is in, he really draws a crowd.